Saturday 27 August 2011

Off the track by a million miles!

I started fasting again today. Thank You, Allah for small mercies. The weight had crept up to 65kg. A number I had not seen for sometime now. The binging! All that sugar and starch!

Yesterday's iftar was at my in-law's place in PD.Mee Kari! I made them. Coconut gravy, lots of vegetables and a few protein source. I had 2 bowlful. It was good (even if i say so myself!) and that was my first 'proper' carbohydrate meal since stabilization and I am so going to pay for it for the rest of my life! And today, suicidally I made Kuih ketayap. A Malay delicacy which consists of flour based crepe wrapped around coconut cooked with palm sugar filling!I had a few of those... Yeah I know... I keep whining but I never stopped myself, right? Suicidal is right!
coconut cooked in palm sugar filling wrapped with flour based crepe!
Introducing starch and sugar slowly is no easy feat. Although I have decided to eat the way I ate in Maintenance for a while, just the fact that you are allowed those two taboos, is enough to venture into 'debauchery' as MG put it. It is so abundant and so available!

Well, tomorrow is another day, lets hope I do better and stay on track! Aminnnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment