Saturday 10 September 2011

Stabilized?

After 5 days of fasting,  my weight has settled in at the region of 63.5 - 64.2kg region, which I am really thankful for! I have been mixing my diet with starch and occasional sugar (limited amount for both) as suggested. For Iftar, I would have proteins and vegetables, and one or two pieces of banana fritters, one or two spoonful of rice and lots and lots of green tea with apple cider vinegar. 

Later in the evening, I would have a glass of low-fat milk and some almonds or fruits. For sahur, our early morning meal, usually I would green tea and fruits. On one or two occasions I have had a piece of wholemeal bread with curry gravy and on another occasion I just had my grilled tofu with a little soy sauce and a half boiled egg. I am glad that the scale did not show any increase in weight once I have incorporated starch and sugar into my diet. 

The KEY I now know is that, it must be a balanced diet comprising of roughly 40% protein, 40% vegetables and fruits, 10% carbohydrate and usually fat would take the remaining 10% (usually MORE!). The higher percentage of protein necessitates higher water intake to wash of the products of metabolism, which is no hardship for me. I drink it by the gallon! It also kept the hunger pangs at bay and gave me a sense of fullness.

Today is my last day of optional fasting although I have a few more days to replace. The fasting had helped control whatever damage the eating spree during the decadent Eid had caused and once this fasting is over, the  real challenge will begin. Once I started having my 3-4hourly meals, once I fulfill the open houses invitation, the hospital Eid do etc, I hope I can still eat reasonably well and maintain this weight.With exercise and gym trips, I hope to lose a little more to reach my ideal weight. I do have to shake a few more kilos and have been tossing the idea of Round 2 back and forth with MG. I guess the next few weeks weight control will let me know if I have to do it or not. What say you?


No comments:

Post a Comment