Monday 5 September 2011

The Week That Was....

Decadent, sinful, damning and fattening, that was Eid! 

A week away from home and the weighing scale ( I was not about to lug my digital scale from home to PD to JB and back again!) and surrounded by family and loved ones. In the center of it all was food, glorious food. Everywhere we go, people kept wanting to feed us and we continued to want to feed others and ourselves. Don't get me wrong, there wasn't any force-feeding required, we all fell victim to it merrily and happily, loosening the zipper of pants and skirts to accommodate food and more food. We had to simply taste this and that, a pinch of this and a pinch of that here and there and it all accumulated to the pounds and inches we've worked so hard to lose a few weeks ago. 

I gained 2kg in a week. Luckily the size S kebarung still fits nicely today when I tried it on. I had been mediocrely good, trying to stick to protein (amidst the high fat and sugar they were cooked in) and fruits all through the week but i bowed to the creamy and sugary cookies... they were just too yummy to ignore. 

Well, that was Eid and the week that was.I had a fantastic time and won't let the over-indulgence spoil it.


Let's get back on track and try to shake off that extra 2kg (66.2kg currently) or more this week. I have started fasting the optional 6 days during Syawal, am praying and hoping for His approval first and the loss of the re-gained kilos second! Insyallah!Then it will be the gym and the lakeside jog after this, back to life and the harsh reality of aging and metabolism!

Did you all have a good Eid? I hope you all did. Healthy living from now on then, ok!



1 comment: